Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Dependent on experience
The Heiltsuk Economic Development Corporation is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join their finance team. In the heart of the Great Bear Rain Forest in a tight-knit community full of culture, community spirit and access to ocean activities and hiking it is a nature lover’s paradise. Although isolated, there is a hospital, airport, BC Ferry terminal, K-12 community school, Community College, RCMP detachment, Health Centre, Community Centre. The HEDC Group consists of ten entities operating as retail, service, forestry and seafood processing businesses.
- Oversee financial management and accounting for the HEDC group of companies;
- Responsible for all month end requirements including reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare monthly comparative financial statements and reports for Management
- Manage cash flow for the HEDC group of companies
- Responsible for year-end preparations for the HEDC group of companies
- Monitor and improve internal controls where necessary;
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met
- Manage, motivate and train finance staff.
- CPA designation in good standing or near completion
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior financial management role, preferably with multiple companies
- Experience managing finance staff;
- Experience with Sage 50 is an asset;
- Experience working in a First Nations community;
- A team leader with excellent communication skills.
Working Place and Hours
Location: HEDC Office, Bella Bella
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
HEDC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you have the skills and qualifications required for this position please reply in confidence with resume and cover letter to:
Medric Reid, Director
Fax: 250 957 2522
PO Box 950 Bella Bella, BC V0T 1Z0
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, HEDC thanks you in advance for your interest in our company, no phone calls, please.