Help build a viable, integrated & robust economy for the Heiltsuk Nation and in its territory
A sustainable and robust organization with the capacity to create economic opportunities and benefits for the Heiltsuk Nation
- To create viable, independent and resilient economic and sustainable business opportunities for the Heiltsuk Nation.
- To build a robust and sustainable group of companies and new business opportunities for local entrepreneurs and the small business community
- To increase access to resources for the Heiltsuk Nation
- To build Heiltsuk Nation economic and business presence and authority
Core Business Strategies
The HEC has developed core strategies, in no particular order of importance, to advance its strategic corporate business plan to reality over the next 3 fiscal years and to achieve its Vision. The core strategies consist of:
- Scorecard for Financial & Social Returns & Operational Performance of HEDC & Group of Companies
- Improving Access to Capital & Credit (to establish new HEDC & group of company business ventures & joint ventures & business partnerships & new business opportunities for Heiltsuk entrepreneurs residing in BB or in urban centres)
- Value Chain Opportunities by Economic Sector
- Capacity Development (HR Education & Training)
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Communications & External Relations
- Marketing & Branding
- Access to Resources (Title & Rights Approach)
- Protocol Agreements with Internal Partners
- Sustaining Essential Services
- Becoming an Employer of Choice
Each core strategy and corresponding action plan is presented in this section. The action plans operate from April 1 – March 31. Completion dates for key tasks fall within the relevant Quarter (Q1 – Q4) or are denoted as on-going activities.
Certain core strategies and corresponding action plan will be incorporated into the individual business plans of the HEDC’s group of companies.